Thursday, May 3, 2012

Loose Ends

D and I have been busy with imagining new room arrangements at home.  Now that he is pretty established with his 3 days a week working from home, we've found it necessary to carve out a bigger space, possibly in a different part of the house to permanently accommodate his office.  I'd like to see a larger space dedicated to exercise as well.

Living in an older house, the room flow isn't like what people are used to in the modern, open concept homes of today.  Ours is a traditional layout, except we do have one large room that serves as dining and living.  We have been going to furniture stores to get ideas of room arrangement and potential desks.

What a concept -- Re-working your house to suit your needs first, guests second.  It had been the other way around on our main floor for the last 5 years.  There is a lot of space unused a lot of the time that can be put to better daily use.  Some rooms will simply have to do double duty.

We are also looking to replace the sofas at the cottage.  I want a more durable material than cotton.  I'm thinking ultrasuede or leather.  Leather will likely win out. 

It has been a productive week.  I've been busy tying up loose ends all over the place.  It's always the simple stuff that accumulate like a junk drawer.  Phone calls I owe to people, some over a year ago...I know... awful!  Lucky they love me. 

Getting off my wallet and buying a re-usable water bottle that fits in my purse so I don't become dehydrated due to stubbornness?  Some days I'm not as logical as I think I am.  Drop hundreds of dollars in intro flights... Yes!  But $30 for a Sigg bottle?  A Struggle.  Now that I have it, I love it. 

Eye drops for work (air there dries my eyes for some reason), getting my cell phone plan changed (you are allowed to change it, even though your contract isn't up!), replacing some old T-shirts with new ones (I went with the tried and true "Favorite" line from The Gap), more work clothing (Mexx).  All Done.

I still need scotch tape and white out.  I sent D and he actually came home with bottled liquid paper, not the tape stuff...WHO uses liquid paper anymore???!!!  I got Laughed at at work.  Thanks Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment