Friday, May 18, 2018

May

  • D is off to a good start with his new company.  He is cautious this time around, after so many instances of jumping the gun in his assessments.  The culture is much more laid back, with many people at the managerial levels and up who are super fit.  
  • Very different from his previous experiences.  Maybe the concept of balance is real there?  He's already joined the lunch time running group, the company gym and is getting talked into riding his bike to and from work as there is a safe underground area for storing them.  
  • I vetoed the bike riding idea citing issues with route, timing and just plain old over doing it. After the first couple of runs and workouts, he agreed with me.  Men!
  • I made my first couple of consignment sales!  Someone purchased my Gucci sunglasses and one of my Arcteryx tops.  I hope she is enjoying them very much!  
  • The meditation retreat exceeded my expectations.  It wasn't about relaxation and feeling good.  In fact, I was exhausted and could barely get up and straighten after the first day.  It was about learning the path that can, with enough work and discipline, help you attain the type of amazing control over the mind and body that you read about with yogis.  Something I've been fascinated with for a while.  
  • With some new found clarity, I did end up cancelling my stay and schooling in Guatemala.  Felt relieved afterward so know it was a good decision for right now.  I would have just returned otherwise.
  • For the first time ever, I volunteered my seat on a flight home.  Ended up meeting and hanging out with a couple of people who also did the same as we got vouchers for the same hotel in Tokyo.  Funny how things happen.  Talking with the one fellow, who is also an avid traveler, triggered a major layer from my past that needed clearing.  He was a real mirror for me.  Very thankful for that.
  • D and I are working through some of our tougher emotional scars from the past number of years.  Some quite painful but absolutely necessary in order to move forward.  Nothing will be a quick fix but the intent and honesty components are there.
  • Still working on selling or trading in our vehicles.   Now that D is working, we are much tighter on coordination time.  Found a potential vehicle which I still have to test drive first and currently waiting for a quote.
  • I have started an online course that is a prerequisite for a volunteer organization I'm hoping to be involved with.  It has turned into a bit of a slog.  Understandably so as the materials are serious and requires some deeper thinking about humanitarian responsibility, ethics etc.  The program has really impressed me so far and I'm only 30% through with many dozens of hours ahead.  
  • Not looking like I'll be done work by Dec '18.  Already know that.  Was told if I change my fee structures to monthly instead of yearly, the exit will be much easier.  So I will do just that when all the renewals come around.  It will also give me additional flexibility to be done at any time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment